Dorotheum GmbH & Co KG
Dorotheergasse 17, 1010 Vienna
Mag. Martin Böhm, Mag. Lucas Tinzl
Dkfm. Alfred Karny, Mag. Erwin Soravia, Johanna Dichand, Dr. Michael Tojner
Dorotheum Facts and Figures:
- Founded in 1707, privatized in 2001
- 3 business divisions: auction, retail ("Dorotheum Juwelier", "Dorotheum Galerie"), "Dorotheum Pfand" pawn office
- 700 employees (200 abroad)
- 28 branch offices in Austria, 14 of these in Vienna
- auctions: 600 annual auctions, approx. 100 catalogue auctions
- 4 major auction weeks a year at the Palais Dorotheum Vienna
- 40 different categories of art , antiques and collectibles, 100 experts and specialist
- Member of IA (International Auctioneers) global network and magazine
- Dorotheum international: Representation offices: Prague (since 1992), Brussels (since 1996), Düsseldorf, Munich (both since 2003), Milan (since 2005), Zagreb (since 2006), and Rome (since 2009), and representatives in Florence, Verona, London, Paris and Tel Aviv
- Dorotheum Jeweller’s: Jewellery line d’oro, d’argento, DoroChron watches, and Dorotheum Juwelier Exklusiv line.
- 2004 acquisition of OREX, largest Hungarian jewellery retailer
Download images: Please click on the preview image
Images for the purposes of editorial coverages of Dorotheum Auctions may be used free of charge. Please be sure to include the caption and the copyright information. For other uses we request that you contact Dorotheum in advance in order to clarify possible questions regarding rights of use and copyrights.
Photo and film permit
The use of cameras and video recorders is not permitted in the show rooms of the Dorotheum.
In order to obtain an authorisation for the production of photographic material and audiovisual recordings, please submit the following request form, completed and signed, to the Communication Department of the Dorotheum, no later than two or three days prior to the desired shooting date.
Download: Photo and film permit request form